What do I do if I need a transcript?

You can pick up an unofficial copy of your records (academic history) at the School Counseling Office. If you need an official transcript, you must complete a Transcript Request Form and turn it into the School Counseling Office. Be sure to indicate if you will pick up the transcript or if you need it to be sent to a postsecondary institution. You must write the address of the postsecondary institution in order for your request to be processed. If you do not write the address, your request form will be returned to you for correction. The first request for an official transcript is free of charge. Each request after the initial request of an official transcript costs $1.00. You must submit your $1.00 payment along with your Transcript Request Form at the School Counseling Office. Please allow between 24-48 hours for your transcript request to be processed. 

What is the difference between an academic history and a transcript?

Academic histories and transcripts provide some similar information.

Academic histories display a high school record of courses taken and credits earned. They also display state assessment (FCAT, FSA, EOC) scores, nationally recognized assessment (ACT, SAT, PERT) scores, total credits earned, grades earned in courses and weighted/unweighted grade point average. Academic histories are an unofficial student record and primarily used by counselors and students to review progress towards graduation and assist in scheduling processes.

Transcripts display credits attempted and earned per school year, total credits earned, state (unweighted) and local (weighted) grade point average, community service hours completed, graduation required assessments that have been passed. Transcripts are an official student record that are primarily used by postsecondary institutions to make admission decisions. 
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.