Steps to becoming an Athlete at ICH
Athletic Paperwork Check Sheet
1. Paperwork must be completed in full and signed by a parent/guardian in the presence of a notary. There is a notary available at
2. In order to abide by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), which regulates interscholastic sports in Florida, every student must turn in a birth certificate before competing in interscholastic sports for the first time.
3. Every athlete must have accident insurance. If you do not have insurance, go to www.schoolinsuranceofflorida.com . This insurance covers all school-sponsored events (except football) for the school year. Football insurance is available (Option 1, $50; we suggest you take Option 2, $57 if the student plans on playing other sports, also), if the student is not covered by another health insurance policy. Please be aware the school insurance policies, including football insurance, are limited. They usually cover less then 50% of the total medical cost. If using school insurance, access it via: www.schoolinsuranceofflorida.com and insurance will be effective immediately.
4. If you are a first time athlete to I.C.H.S coming from a private school or out-of-state, you need verification of grades, i.e. report card ortranscripts.
The athletic office is here to assist you in becoming a Gator Athlete; however, we cannot do your work. Make sure that all your paperwork is completed and properly filled out. If it is not, it will be returned to you!! Athletes are not permitted to participate, practice, or condition (including summer workouts) unless all paperwork (including physical exam) is turned in.
Keep up your grades!! If you need help, please see your coach!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Additional FHSAA Paperwork Required with Signatures of Parent & Student-Athlete, this is an
EL3CH FHSAA Concussion & Heat Related Illnesses Information Release Form
Have you done the following on the athletic paperwork form? :
ü Filled in ALL information for Part 1 of the Consent & Release of Liability Certificate
ü Filled in all blanks with Student and Parent/Guardian signatures on the Consent & Release of Liability Certificate Part 2 and Part 3.
ü Completed with Signatures Concussion & Heat Release Form
ü Had page ONE notarized
ü Filled in the Medical History on the Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form
ü Using the physical form required by the FHSAA located on the back of provided form, you must undergo a preparticipation physical evaluation and been certified as being physically fit for participation in interscholastic athletics. The physical evaluation is valid for 365 calendar days from the date that it was administered after which time you must successfully undergo another physical evaluation to continue your participation.
ü Turned in a copy of athlete’s Birth Certificate (if the first time trying out for a sport at I.C.H.S)
ü Verified your GPA
Emergency Card must be filled out completely & signed by a parent / guardian – obtained on line or in Athletic Office